Is it terribly difficult to be an outstanding business networker? Some people may say yes, others may say no. However, one thing is true. We all remember and like the really good networkers in our lives. A question to ponder is “How can we help you become the networker that you admire”?
Here are some suggestions:
- Your non-vocational interests as opportunities to network.
- Meet personally with the majority of individuals in your networking groups.
- Attend my networking meetings consistently. Out of sight means out of mind!
- Bring other professionals to your networking events.
- Make the first move in meeting and engaging others in conversation.
- Learn to be masterful at the use of open-ended questions and layering (who, what, where, when, why, how).
- Be very well read in your area of expertise and in business in general.
- Take a proactive approach to connecting with others.
- Be an outstanding listener.
- Consider giving speeches to various groups about your area of expertise.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled business and personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.