What characteristics make for a great networker? In our series The Do’s and Dont’s of Networking, we are offering several recommended networking tips from Barry Demp. Here are a few that you can use at your next networking opportunity or event:
- Use a scoreboards to track your networking activities and effectiveness.
- Be a giver at networking events. Givers gain!
- Have a plan for your networking activities.
- Networking strategies should be intensively targeted on specific industries and professions.
- Network everywhere.
- Help prospects with their problems even if they cannot be a good lead for you.
- Use the other person’s name often in your networking conversations.
- Send thank you notes and follow up consistently.
- Limit your eating and drinking at networking events.
- Be very confident and comfortable with yourself and the value of your services.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled business and personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team-building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.