We all can benefit from better time management habits in our lives. However, its consistently using these tools and tactics to keep ourselves on schedule and accountable to the achieving the results that we desire. Here are some key tips to consider as you evaluate your time management strategies:
- Structure your telephone time. Set up times to accept, initiate, and return phone calls. The best time to accept incoming calls is just prior to lunch or at the end of the workday. Initiate or return calls early in the morning, just before lunch, or at the end of the day to contact difficult-to-reach individuals. Consider a phone call a mini-meeting, so be prepared with an agenda and all you will need to be successful.
- Brian Tracy wrote a book called “Eat That Frog”. It recommends doing the most unpleasant task as the first thing on your list.
- Scheduling down time in your day helps to recover your mental and physical energy. The book “The Power of Full Engagement” by Jim Loehr will help you expand on this important concept.
- Scheduling meetings with yourself is a good way to accomplish key objections. How can this one idea help you to be more effective with your use of time?
- Work with your body’s natural biological rhythm. Are you a night owl or morning person? If you wear out in the mid afternoon consider taking a quick nap to recharge your energy.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled Michigan Business and Personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team-building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.