Improving your time management starts with simple steps that act as momentum builders towards greater time use and efficiency.
Consider implementing one of the time management suggestions below into your life this week and let us know how it is helping you. Here are some tactical time management tips for you to use:
- Learn to say “NO” in an appropriate way. You may be pleasing others at your own expense.
- Consider delegating more tasks to co-workers or family members. Jobs that you are currently doing may actually be developmental opportunities for others. Select at least two items at work and one at home that you will delegate. Next week, select more.
- Consider effectiveness over efficiency. Whom do you know that accomplishes more in 8 hours than others do in 10 or 12 hours?
- Discard some of the stuff in your life. Stuff has to be maintained, and this takes time. What stuff in your life requires too much maintenance?
- Let others work for you. If your time is worth $250.00 per hour, how many services could you hire out for just one hour of your time? Buy prepared food, have supplies delivered, shop via catalog, pay bills online, stop doing errands, have someone “clean out” your junk mail and your spam e-mail, hire a house-cleaner, a driver, and a personal organizer, etc. Choose one or two and put this support structure in place by the end of the week.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled Michigan Business and Personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team-building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.