I work with that person. I know that person. But do I really?
Reaching out to communicate and build relationships with a co-worker or contact should be embraced. Here is why.
In the time it takes for you to walk to the break room and pour yourself a cup of coffee, you can build and maintain some of the most fulfilling relationships that you may ever have.
Now, you may be saying to yourself, “Barry I hear what you are saying, but I don’t know what it all means”.
Well, imagine for a moment if your vision for the future were something like this:
My life is a happy, healthy, abundantly rich world of extraordinary relationships, great accomplishments and integrity. A world of faith and personal excellence where each person develops and goes the extra mile to contribute to their unique gifts and talent towards the fulfillment of a life of passion and purpose.
The reality is that having a world of truly fulfilling relationships, both business and personal, is very possible and very real. If you are willing to work at it each and every day.
10 Important Ways To Build Your Business Relationships
- Go out of your way to let the people you are talking with express themselves fully. When people feel that they can express themselves they experience a high degree of relatedness.
- Be “fully present” in each conversation and nowhere else. Make eye contact and listen completely to what the other person is saying.
- Learn to say that you are sorry…and mean it.
- Be generous and loving. It’s amazing what comes back to you.
- Never rush a relationship. All good things come in time.
- Empathy and compassion are two muscles worth building.
- Be willing to forgive others and move forward. Being unforgiving is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.
- Demonstrate kindness, caring, loyalty, and respect in all relationships. Doing so is like putting money in your relationship bank account.
- Be trusting and trustworthy.
- Be genuine and authentic. Andre Gide once said “It is better to fail at your own life than to succeed at someone else’s”.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled business and personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team-building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.