As a continuation of our blog series on the Do’s and Dont’s of Networking, we are exploring additional tips and strategies on how to become a more effective networker.
- Have a great interest in others and have masterful listening skills.
- Develop excellent relationships with the officers, leaders, and organizers of my networking venues.
- Make requests for introductions to people who these leaders believe are a good fit for me.
- Be specific when you make requests for assistance.
- Networking only begins at the networking event. Go out of your way to set up follow-up networking opportunities on a one-on-one basis.
- Consider a personal advisory panel that helps you build your business.
- Networking is a mutual exchange of information, ideas, and resources. Be generous!
- When you give something of value, politely look for a way the other person can help you in return (reciprocity).
- Be very consistent in your networking activities.
- Have a list of centers of influence and strategic referral partners.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled business and personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team-building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.