Time Management strategies commonly include properly organizing your schedule, as well as, confirming appointments to ensure proper use of your time. However, one key area to really focus on to optimize your Time Management strategy is to remove toxic behavior patterns. Here are some thoughts, examples, and tips:
- Get rid of toxic people in your life. They drain you of positive energy and waste your time. Who are the toxic people in your life? How could you limit their impact on your time?
- Get plenty of sleep and exercise, and eat quality foods. Develop a project action plan with a scoreboard to track your results.
- Use the power of momentum. Objects in motion tend to stay in motion. Starting and stopping often breaks up your momentum. Grouping “like activities” back to back takes advantage of momentum.
- Consider a news and media fast. Stop reading the newspaper and watching the news for at least a week and see what happens. Important news still will find its way to you. What else can you eliminate from your daily life that would not be missed?
- Improve your communication skills so you reduce the need to repeat yourself.
Barry Demp is a highly-skilled Michigan Business and Personal coach focused on the areas of leadership, management, coaching, team-building, networking, business development, communication skills, relationship building, motivation, time management, life balance, and goal achievement. He specializes in working with business owners, executives, coaches, consultants, and high-potential professionals by helping them significantly increase their productivity, profitability, and life balance. For more information or assistance, please contact Barry Demp at 248-740-3231 or visit www.dempcoaching.com.