Mastering how to best utilize the 24 hours that we are given each day is one of the top areas that most people want to impact in their relationship with their coach.
Why is it that some people seem to have a calm demeanor and create breakthrough results and yet the majority of us run around each day with too much of our to-do list still undone at the end of the day?
Over the next five weeks we will be offering to our followers and blog readers over forty time management techniques and tips that work. Our challenge to you is that each week you select the one or two you tips that you believe will most help you. Selecting only a few changes and making these adjustments over an extended period of time will result in a sustainable difference in your professional and personal life. Please let me know how things are going by sending a message to Barry Demp.
- The 80/20 rule always applies – List two of your activities that produce the greatest results and eight that produce minimal results. Consider doing more of the first two activities and less of the eight.
- Plan the next day’s activities in advance before leaving your office for the day. Use tools such as online calendar, offline calendars, white boards, personal data assistance, smart phones, and more.
- Think geographically and avoid excessive travel time between appointments. Use drive time to learn or use a “Bluetooth” device to talk with key people while traveling between appointments. How else can you think geographically? Let us know.
- Confirm all appointments ahead of schedule to avoid dead time.
- Work on your relationship skills. Great relationship skills produce great results.