A favorite exercise that I use in my Personal Excellence Training is for my clients to describe their best future self in the coming year and beyond. They often ask numerous questions for clarification and I end up answering them by saying something like. “What are the qualities and characteristics of the people you most admire?”
Below are some additional questions for your consideration if you too are thinking about your best future self:
- Who are the most inspiring leaders you have ever seen or met? What characteristics make or made them so great?
- Who do your know that most exemplifies integrity, honor, and compassion? How do they best demonstrate these characteristics?
- Who do you know that is an outstanding husband/wife, father, or mother? What makes them stand out in these roles?
- Who do your know that is in optimum health? What are their daily routines and habits?
- Who do your know that demonstrates, confidence, courage, creativity, and a strong desire to contribute their best to others?
- What other values do you most admire in others?
By observing the very best in others and modeling these behaviors and qualities in our own lives, we can all become the best version of ourselves.
Please let me know what characteristics you most admire and your thoughts about this post by contacting me at www.dempcoaching.com.