2011 is going to be a year of tremendous focus in my business. I have decided to put the old 80/20 rule on steroids by focusing 99% of my efforts on the top 1% of my professional relationships to take things to a new level.
In the book the Tipping Point, Macomb Gladwell introduces us to three kind of people, the Connector, the Maven, and the Salesman. Each of these people and their associated characteristic provides considerable impact and influence in their communities to have a “tipping point” impact on the world.
My plan is to focus on selected relationships that meet the following criteria:
- Do these people have a very high level of influence with others?
- Do they possess strengths or capabilities in my areas of weakness?
- Can they or have they already added value to me professionally or personally?
- Do these people share my values and vision for the future?
- Are these people more concerned with leading a life of significance and not just success?
- Do these people believe in the premise that givers gain?
- Would I enjoy having an extended dinner with them?
How would your professional and personal life be different this year if you focused on these “tipping point” relationships?
Drop me a quick note and let me know your thoughts at www.dempcoaching.com.