I was the guest on the inaugural podcast of Solo Smarts, with Kelly McCausey.
In the podcast, I go through the 24 Best Practices of Successful People (one of my guest posts, on the FeelGooder blog).
During the introduction, I explain how I got started in coaching eighteen years ago, and why I’m affiliated with the International Coach Federation (ICF). I also talk about getting my very first client.
The main part of the podcast begins at the 11.14 mark, where Kelly and I start discussing the 24 Best Practices of Successful People:
- Know your core values and design your professional and personal life around them.
- Master the art of relationship building.
- Identify your “successful” and “limiting” habits
- Develop your leadership, management and coaching skills
- Always do and be your personal best!
- Life balance is bunk. What matters is that you are happy.
- Give a little extra in all you do.
- Use the power of consistent persistence.
- Let others contribute to you. No man or woman is an island.
- Take “massive action.”
- Learn from your mistakes and be prepared to learn a lot.
- Become a masterful networker and build your social capital.
- Surround yourself with positive supportive people.
- Eliminate or reduce the tolerations in your life
- Un-yuck your life by creating a plan for optimal healthy living
- Be self-ish. In order to be your best, you need to take care of yourself first.
- Be a work-in-progress—always be learning.
- Be a giver, a contributor, a person that makes a difference—a coach for others
- Take risks and live each day with no regrets.
- Learn to manage your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual energy and not just your time.
- Know your strengths and use them as much as possible.
- Stop working on your weaknesses or find a way to work around them.
- Build the creative side of your brain.
- Use the 4 magic words- more, less, start, stop.
During the podcast, we explore every item on this list. You’ll get to hear:
- In-depth explanations about each point
- Clear examples that help you to understand and apply the Best Practices
- Some recommendations for further reading
To listen to the podcast, just go to Solo Smarts #1 and scroll down to the audio player (beneath the social networking sharing icons). Click on “Play” to start listening.
To listen to more of my podcasts, go to the Podcasts page on this site.